THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook....early


If I understand this correctly this daybook thing is supposed to be every Monday....but I am doing mine early because I will be gone all day tomorrow traveling and such.

FOR TODAY Sunday Nov.23, 2008

Outside my window...is a car that is LONG overdue for an oil change and a wash (inside and ou We are looking (sort of) for a new car. Not to replace mine, but Jeff's. We want to trade his in for a used older (2000ish) Yukon or Tahoe or maybe an Expedition. We want something with a 3rd row of seats that is not a van.

I am thinking...that ministry is hard. Much like teaching, it is a job that you can't leave at the office. It is with you always and it is such an emotionally involved thing. It drains me sometimes...and then sometimes I feel overjoyed and honored to be doing it.

I am thankful for... my God. He has changed me. We sang the song this morning (by Shane and Shane) "When I think about the Lord, how he saved me, how he raised me.....how he picked me up and turned me around, how he placed my feet on solid ground." I am thankful for the salvation and life that he has given me. I am thankful that he has provided and that he is faithful and able.

From the learning rooms...I am happy to say that there will be no learning rooms this next week! I am off and I am super glad.

From the kitchen...I have to make a "finger food" dish to bring to church tonight. I am thinking of making clam dip (my favorite). It is so good. Jeff hates it and I don't completely blame him because it gives me HORRIBLE breath. You mix cream cheese, mayo, minced clams, lemon juice, chopped onions, and garlic salt. You can eat it with veggies, but I love to eat it with fritos.

I am wearing... brown dress pants and a green shirt with a tie around the waist that I wore to church this morning.

I am creating...I am going to make stockings. I already have the stockings (cheap from Dollar Tree). I think I will get felt and cut out block letters of our names to hot glue on there.

I am going...home tomorrow. I am glad.

I am reading...Devotional Classics by Richard Foster (still) I am a slow reader.

I am hoping...to find a Yukon or Tahoe that we can afford with not too terribly many miles on it.

I am hearing...Jeff flip between the Cowboys and Survivor Man and him messing with the piano application on his new Iphone.

Around the house...its beginning to look alot like Christmas. Got the tree up...just need a few more ornaments. I cleaned all day yesterday and there is no evidence that that ever happened now. It is a wreck. I really think it is because Sunday morning occured. It is like a mad whirlwind of clothes and breakfast and diapers and hairspray and shoes trying to get us ready in time.

One of my favorite things...words. I love vocabulary and word origins and spelling, etc. I love when people or speakers or authors use words that are powerful. For example, the song "Near to the heart of God," could say "a place where sin cannot come." But instead it says, "a place where sin cannot molest." That paints a more vivid picture of sin does to your life. So....i like words. That is why I am obsessed with scramble on facebook.

A few plans for the rest of the week: travel to A-town, get Colin's hearing tested, go to Kooken, hang out with my fam for a few days, shop a little, go to Jeff's granny and papa's, spend the night there, hang out with jeff's parents for a few days, come home, go to church....back to work.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

He is beautiful.


For more info go to http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

1 comments:

JoyiaW said...

He is so precious.