THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY Monday, Nov. 17th

Outside my window...it is cold. I do not like cold. However, ETBU put up their pretty Christmas lights and I can see them reflecting off my car as I look out Colin's window. It makes me smile.

I am thinking...about finding the balance between challenging myself and being too hard on myself.

I am thankful for... my husband. He bought me Claritin today just because he noticed that I was stopped up. He knows that I have never had allergy issues until we moved to East Texas. I am also thankful for my son. He is healthy and wonderfuly cute! He is learning so much. He is learning even some things that I don't want him to learn....like the word "no." He even points at me while he says "no."

From the learning rooms...I got observed this past Friday by my principal. She is a joy to work for. Her positive remarks mean the world to me and motivate me to keep going. I know I should be more of a self-motivator, but hey...words of affirmation are my love language.

From the kitchen...hmmmm....not alot goes on in there. I should be better about that. The biggest thing that happened in there is that I made a big pot of mac n cheese and some pigs in a blanket. That is gourmet for us!

I am wearing... the clothes I wore to work today. Except now, it has glue stick smudges on it, Colin snot, and a grease stain from when I made the pigs in a blankets.

I am creating...I am trying to create a safe and positive atmosphere in my classroom that encourages my students to monitor their own behavior and progress. Some days are better than others. Mondays are harder.

I am going...to put up Christmas decorations this weekend before we go home to Arlington for Thanksgiving. I am going to go buy a new pre-lit tree. We just have a rinky-dink 4 ft tree right now.

I am reading...Devotional Classics by Richard Foster

I am hoping...to find a house after Jeff graduates.

I am hearing...a documentary on TV about JFK and my son throwing every object that he comes across on the floor.

Around the house...I cleaned today. I absolutely LOVE to clean. When I feel like I have "order" in my life, I feel calmer. However, I REALLY want a dishwasher. Jeff would say, "We do have a dishwasher...its right there (and would point to me). haha. i don't mind washing dishes, but it is really really time consuming

One of my favorite things...chips and salsa from Chilis. I won $10 to chilis at the women's retreat, but I lost it! I was so bummed. If you know me, you know I frequent the premisis of Chili's quite often.

A few plans for the rest of the week: to survive...just kidding. I plan on taking a few high school girls out to eat on Thursday if they respond to my messages. Friday we are having a Thanksgiving feast at school. Then I'm off for a week!!!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


This is my Jeff at Pikes Peak this summer. He sent this to me via Text while he was gone from me. I just think he is really cute. That is my only reason for sharing....cause he is cute.

For more info go to http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

1 comments:

Jenni Darst said...

This was cute and so I stole it from you! :0) I love you Saaaeeeeaaaar! We have to hangout in the next few days...