THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

quick thoughts on gentleness

So I have always struggled with the verse that talks about having a "gentle and quiet spirit." I'm just not gentle. I tell it like it is. I am a proactive and productive woman who gets things done and gentleness has always seemed like something that would hinder all that. I never wanted gentless to compromise all of those very positive things about me. Gentleness in my mind has always been kind of a weak thing. However, I found a new take on gentleness. I read in an option from my sunday school lesson about what gentleness really means...

If you were lifting weights, would it be easier to lower the weights gently to the ground or to drop it? Of course, its easier to drop it. Therefore, lowering it gently to the ground takes more strength. This is the quote that got me.

"Gentleness is not the absence of strength but rather the control of it."

0 comments: