THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

I just have to say...

that God is good. He is faithful to keep his promises. Right before Jeff and I started youth ministry, fear struck me like a storm. I knew my past. I knew that any other time of my life that had been filled up with too many activities, and not enough rest had sent me into depression. I didn't want to be at that place again and I feared that entering the ministry would take me there. And it still easily has the potential to do so. However...

God has PROMISED me that "HIS divine power will give me everything I need for life and godliness." (2 Peter 1:3)

I can't tell you how many times I've thought...."this is it. today is going to be one of those days that is going to send me over that line into the darkness of depression." But God has consistently and continually said, "no you won't...because MY power is greater than your fear of depression." I can't explain how I am not weary or weak in the chaos of my life. I can't explain how I am not brought to weeping because I am anxious and overwhelmed with my perfectionism. God is good and he is carrying me through the stuff that I can't walk through alone without falling on my face in exhaustion and tears. God is faithful and good and worthy of more than I can give him.

2 comments:

CDJ said...

What a lovely blog you have...I'd be addicted too! LOVE the b/w photo at the top. I just sat and stared...worshipped God, really.
I'll be back...
Enjoy today

Stephanie Calderon said...

Man! Sarah I Am so Proud of you, you have such a good relationship with God. I'm trying...I hope one day I can have a relationship like you have with Him...And I think your beautiful, and your son is so so dang cute!!