THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

a little late

Simple Woman's Daybook....a day late this time


FOR TODAY Tuesday December 2

Outside my window...is weather that I cannot stand. I absolutely hate being cold. This is the time of year that me and Jeff fight the most....and its over the heater. No matter how much I crank it up, I am still going to be cold. And Jeff would be perfectly content with the heater off all together.

I am thinking...that I am convicted about the fact that I like praise. Words of affirmation are my love language...but there is a fine line that I tend to cross alot between feeling encouraged and loved by words and stealing praise that belongs to God. Praise for myself is also my sole motivation in doing things sometimes....and thats not good either.

I am thankful for...the word of God. that he gives us something to tangibly touch and see. that it is "living and active and ....penetrates the soul."

From the learning rooms...I am having a come to Jesus meeting (not literally) with my boy students this week...about a few things such as play fighting, inappropriate language and peeing on the floor in my bathroom. I love boys.

From the kitchen...got nothing to say here. I wish i was convicted about the fact that I am not good at providing for my family in that area....but I'm honestly not. I'm tired and figure we can eat sandwiches or oven pizzas just fine.....not good. Now I am embarrassed that I just said that I didn't care.

I am wearing... a fleece vest thingy and jeans

I am creating...(attempting)a peaceful attitude towards people who are not peaceful...I've already failed some. Very hard.

I am going...to try to go to bed early tonight. I always say that and I never do.

I am reading...The 5 Love Languages for Children. We had a discussion about it at work today and I forgot that I even had the book and haven't read it yet.

I am hoping...

I am hearing...Colin say, "Baf?, Baf?, Baf?, Baf?" a million times cause the wants to take a "Bath."

Around the house...it is a mess. Yesterday I was on my way home and Jeff called and said that in like 30 minutes that people were coming over to work on a group project. Well there was laundry and stuff ALLLLL over the place. So I pretty much did the "fake cleaning." I grabbed it all and chunked it on our bed and shut the door. Well then I went to a concert last night and didn't get home til 1130. So I was so tired that I just threw all the stuff that was on our bed on the floor. Now it is everywhere cause Colin has decided to get each item of clothing and spread it all over the house. That's what he has been doing for the past 10 minutes while I am typing this blog. I could get up and make him stop. But I am enjoying my own world right now.

One of my favorite things...when Colin lays his hold on my shoulder and when he says "Oh man!"

A few plans for the rest of the week: work, church, work, work, work, christmas party for youth

Here is picture thought I am sharing...this is who my son's new hero is. He can't get enough of him. Good thing its on TV ALL the time.




For more info go to http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

1 comments:

aggielady02 said...

Hey Sarah! Its nice to catch up with you too. How are you liking your new town? Get back here very often? Colin is just adorable! I can tell you are so proud of him-- as you should be! I will tell Dan hi. Hope to talk to you again soon, take care!

Kristina