THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 29, 2009

funk/baby/ear piercing

just thought I'd write about a few random things today.

I am having kind of a funk day. One of those days where I am just bummed. A large percentage of that is knowing I have to go back to work tomorrow. I have SO enjoyed just being with my family and not feeling overly exhausted by normal routine expectations. Part of it is a missing Erin thing. Most days I am fine and at peace. Every once in a while it just hits me like a punch in the stomach. But really...its just a bummer for me and others that are left behind. For her? She has nothing to worry or be upset about it! She is in the presence of God. (Not that she ever really did worry or be upset! ha!)

I am almost 8 weeks pregnant and really looking forward to my doctors appointment next Friday (the 11th). Praying all is good and healthy. Sometimes I don't feel or look pregnant and that makes me a little nervous, but I am sure it is fine. I have felt a little more sick with this one than I did with Colin, but its still not really that bad. Just a little queasiness when I get hungry.
I am very excited about adding to our family. I can't wait for this baby to just be here and to see Colin be a big brother. I just hope he is nice! Sometimes he can be a toot.

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about how I respond to God. I feel convicted about my lack of response to him and his love. We talked about a verse in sunday school today that I thought was REALLY cool. So...I will share.

Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but my ears you have pierced
burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require. -Psalm 40:6

I read that and thought, "What the heck does that mean about ear piercings?" Well I found out. Back in the day slaves were not required to be slaves forever. Its not like they were born into slavery and had to stay that way until they died. They had a certain time frame and then they were to be released. However, there were some slaves that CHOSE to stay slaves for the rest of their lives because they trusted and respected their master and knew they would take good care of them. If the slaves agreed to that, the masters would pierce their servants ear as a sign that they desire to be bound to their master for the rest of their lives. Jeff just informed me that this is called a "bond servant." (Lots of you probably already knew this, but I didnt! So I am excited.)

Anyway, it made me start thinking about my life. I have made that decision to be bound to Christ and to be under his care for the rest of my life. However, bond servants had a symbol to show the world that they had made their decision. People could tell by looking at their pierced ear. I hope and pray that people can tell that I am bound to Christ just by knowing/seeing me. Do I do enough/say enough/love enough? Or do I just fill my day with gossip and meaningless talk. Do I stay quiet about the one I have bound myself to and trust? Do I genuinely love people or do I judge or just wish they would go away? Its something to think about and makes me more aware of my actions and attitudes. If Christ is my master and I trust him completely with my life, then my response should be a changed life that is bound to him and obedient to him. And everyone should be able to tell that.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU!!!!! MOM

Stephanie Calderon said...

I love reading your blogs they really help me alot!....and just to to let you know I can see Christ in you...I look up to you alot and the relationship you have with Christ and you make me want to strive to be a better Christian and person..Thanks Sarah...and I will keep praying for you and your family...I am sorry about your sister.

maggie may said...

hey girl
what a good entry! pat your belly for me! how exciting.
i stink at how i respond to God too, giving Him my leftovers instead of my first fruits. i am now challenged to work harder at it and give Him more. Thanks girl!

CDJ said...

Thank you for this post. I'm praying for you and your newest little blessing RIGHT THIS SEC!! Enjoy today-