THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 7, 2009

My Colin

So I stole this off a lady's blog who has twins. She fills these out every 3 or 4 months about her kids. Thought I would do that every once in a while. All mommas like to talk about their kids from time to time. Soon I'll be able to do this for 2 kids!

Colin


Age: 2 years and 3 months.

Weight: about 29 pounds. He wears some 24 month stuff, but mainly 2T clothes. And wears a size 9 shoe.

Feedings: I don't fight this battle anymore. He eats when he wants (not when I want). Some days he eats only goldfish all day. Some days he could eat an entire steak! He is picky. His favorites are yogurt, "my cheese" (which are lunchables), sammich (which is just one piece of bread) and refried beans mixed with rice.

Favorites: playing outside, going on walks, being startled, jumping, noggin, "take your pictures" (playing with daddy's camera) and identifying letters (He knows about 17 letters!)

Least Favorites: having shampoo rinsed out of his hair, being blocked out of a room or area, going inside after being outside

Issues: Colin is really a great kid. His issues are normal for his age. But his fits are rediculous sometimes! There are 2 problems with it. 1) He is a VERY loud cryer and screamer. So it always seems WAY worse than it really is. 2) His overwhelming emotions don't match up with his ability to verbalize and reason. There is no talking and reasoning with him. We have developed a system where when he is throwing a fit he puts himself in the corner until its all out of his system and then he turns around and says, "All done." That will suffice until he understands better how to talk and reason.

Personality: Silly, clever, basically Jeff's personality all over again with a little bit of my overly sensitive feelings. He gets his feelings hurt easily.

Areas to Work On: The whole talking through our feelings and not throwing fits (which will come later) and his colors. Its crazy that the kid knows almost all his letters but doesn't know or care to know his colors. That will come too though.

New Things: he can jump now....and thats all he likes to do! He also likes to identify types of transportation. When we are in the car all we hear is, "Schoolbus! Trashman! Car! Truck!"

Randomness: I asked Colin if he wanted a brother or a sister. His response was, "A mister!"

3 comments:

Mary said...

So sweet that soon Colin will have a sister!!! (that's my guess...I was right about Taylor, I'm going 2 for 2!) Plus, I have lots of way cute girl clothes you can use!! lol Miss you so much. We are so excited for you guys!!

Sarah said...

Ha! Didn't realize that the last line in this post was the same thing I wrote for the first line in the post before this one. Pregnancy brain already setting in I guess. Miss you too Mary!

maggie may said...

what a cutie! he's adorable. i started a journal for my kids when we got gabe. i write in it about once a month. it's amazing how quickly i forget what he was doing or something funny he said. it's good to record these things!
:) congrats on the baby!