THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 27, 2009

going on's

We are back from our Mission Arlington trip and I am so glad. It was a good trip, but I can't say it was restful when I slept on an air matress in a 700 sq foot space with only 2 bathrooms and 14 other girls that were....lets just say emotional and dramatic teenage girls. But it was a good week of really bonding with some girls that I haven't had the chance to do that with yet. So that was really really good.

We have a few days of rest. Then my mom and dad are coming here on Wednesday so that they can keep Colin while me and Jeff go to one last away trip. We are going to fish camp this Thursday thru Sunday with our 3rd-6th graders. It will be good to get to know the kids that will be coming to us in the coming years. I am very very tired of leaving my son though. He doesn't seem to care, but I do. I miss him when he is not with me.

Speaking of Colin, I will talk about potty training with him now. Back around March and April, we introduced him to the potty chair and he was using it ALL the time. Then I guess the "newness" wore off and he wasn't interested anymore. Once his babysitter asked if he wanted to go potty and he even said, "No mommy do it." Probably meaning, "no my mom will just change my diaper." What a stinker. Well we keep taking him and hasn't cared or gone in the potty at all this summer. But here the past few days he has been going in it alot. His face is so cute when he goes. He'll say, "All done!" and then I make a fool out of myself screaming and doing the "potty dance." Then he gets to dump it in the big toilet and flush it. He's been talking more about undies lately. He points them out in the potty book we have and finds them in his drawer. I hope hope hope this is the start again of being on our way to undies. I'm definitely not in a hurry and don't want to push it, but if he's ready....then so am I!

One more week til vacation! I'm so so so excited. I'm excited to just enjoy my family. I don't plan on wearing much make-up or answering my phone much. I just plan on playing and laughing with my boys and laying out in the sun!

After that, its full swing back into work mode again. NOT excited about getting back into a good sleeping schedule (for me and Colin both). We've been staying up late and sleeping late. But I am excited to get back into a routine. As nice as it has been to be lazy, it will also be nice to feel like I am being productive again.

I'll try to post again before we go to the beach. Have a fantastic day!

2 comments:

Maaaaaaa said...

I am excited for our vacation too! And I am also going to have to get back into a more normal sleeping pattern. I had just begun to be able to sleep in a bit...now back to a schedule.

Maaaaaaa said...

Uh oh...is the "potty" dance anything like the "poppy" dance?