THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY Tuesday, July 7, 2009...

Outside my window... Well I am not home, I am still in Arlington, but it is bright and sunny and surely hot. I am not a fan of hot anymore...unless there is water around where it would be an appropriate situation for me to dive into it to cool off.

I am thinking...about our Mission Arlington trip quickly approaching and how we are SO not ready for it. Perhaps it is a given that any events taking place in the first year of your youth ministry will be planned about a week before it happens! Hopefully our second year won't be so "procrastinatish."

I am thankful for...for our families. I have had a sweet visit with my parents and we had a very very sweet time at Jeff's grandparents yesterday. They are precious people.

From the learning rooms...I believe we have already discussed this! There is NO learning during summer!!!

From the kitchen... I had to leave some cash for Jeff when I left to come here for him to eat out because I knew he wouldn't make anything unless i was there to make it. He even called me one time and said, "We are out of milk. What do I do?" Uh.....go to the store? Silly boy.

I am wearing...our camp shirt and denim shorts. no shoes.

I am creating...I hate this question! I am not a creative person. I did make a paper mache letter S (for Stapleton) with scrapbook paper and paint to hang on our wall at home. I am proud of it.

I am going...to get Colin's birthday party stuff ready when I get home. We are going to have a Texas Rangers baseball party! He is officially obsessed.

I am reading...almost done with The Shack.

I am hoping...we don't run out of money before I get paid again!

I am hearing...the TV and Colin crunching on cheerios.

Around the house...around my moms house is all of Colin's toys, my mom and papa and colin watching tv, my dad piddling around the house, and jeff sleeping, which i am about to run and jump on him to wake him up. he really likes it when I do that. :)

One of my favorite things...shopping with my mom. its also a bad thing because she finds stuff that i really want...but like we discussed in the "i am hoping" section...i have no extra money! hehe

A few plans for the rest of the week...go back to Marshall today. Get Mission Arlington stuff and birthday party stuff prepared. Friday we are going to Watertown with our jr high students. I hate water parks...

Here is picture thought I am sharing...Colin watching the 4th of July parade in Arlington. His favorite thing, of course, was the drum line of the high school bands...oh and the Texas Ranger float!


5 comments:

Taylor said...

:( I didn't know you were going back today?! We didn't get to see you. When are ya'll coming back? Will you be at the shower Saturday?

Sarah said...

Yeah we have to get back today. I will be at the shower on Saturday. I'm coming in just for the day and will go back that night.

Lee Ann said...

Look for Lydia at Watertown! Mom said she told her yall were coming. Hopefully you can see her on a social level and not as she's jumping in to save you.

Taylor said...

Awww... you are sweet to do that, but don't feel like you have to! I completely understand -- it is a long drive my dear!

Amanda Jo said...

Your little guy is too cute!!!