THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 13, 2009

my little ball player

We used this pic for Colin's birthday invitation. I just added words on top of the pic in Adobe Photoshop and at the top it said, "Come have a ball with us!" (*ba-da-ching*) ...I thought it was clever. Anyway, I'm getting his birthday party stuff ready. Very excited. It will probably be just family and a few close friends of Colin's, but I am excited about it.

On another note, I am having a dilemma trying ro figure out what to do for Colin as far as childcare this year. I was planning on having him stay with Ms. Betty (his sitter) for one more year. Ms. Betty is 82 years old but looks and acts WAY younger. She is very quick to respond and very healthy. She is SUCH a God-send and sooooo wonderful! Colin loves her and we love her too. And she is quite attached to Colin as well.

Well, last week while she was keeping Colin, she fell and dislocated her shoulder. (pray for her!) The doctor said she has to wear a sling for 6 weeks. She is the type that will take the sling off too early and start watching kids again as soon as possible. If she really is better I would love for Colin to stay with her for one more year. But I would also hate for her to push herself and halfway through the year get hurt again and not be able to keep him. So I am debating on whether I should wait or put him in one of the really good daycares here. There is only like 2 that I am comfortable putting him in. And one of them I think is just a Mothers Day Out. Not for sure yet. Pray for me as I make this decision. I also know that Betty would be heartbroken if I took him. She told me the other day that the only way she would be okay with Colin leaving her is if I had another baby to "switch out" with! Ha!

1 comments:

aggielady02 said...

Sarah, he is SO friggin' CUTE! Those will be precious invites. I just picked up Cloe's and am so happy with them. As far as your last post, a lot of movie theatres do "kids day" where they show some animated movie for $1 in the summers, usually before lunchtime. May want to try that before spending more money on a full admission ticket again. That is my plan anyway. We all have those less than stellar mommy days-- don't sweat it! I'm sure your honesty about it means a lot to your other mommy readers too.