THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 3, 2009

White Man

Just got back from kids camp. Had a great time, but so glad to be back. Now I am preparing for vacation. We leave tomorrow. I am so so excited, but having a really hard time getting motivated to pack. Maybe its because I am tired of packing and unpacking. I feel like thats all I have done this summer! But its been a good and fun summer. I am also glad that this time of packing/leaving I get to take Colin with me instead of leaving him! I can't wait to see how he does. I'm a little nervous, because he is a little dare devil and is not afraid of anything. That is a good thing, but its also bad when he refuses to wear floaties or a life jacket. I have been trying them on him so he will get used to it, but he gets really mad and rips them off. What a wild man!

Anyway, I saw this video on youtube and thought it was really good, so I wanted to share. It made me think about The Shack that I have been reading. Without giving away too much (for those of you that have not read it), the book portrays God in a way that is not expected and that this world may not even be comfortable with. Now...for the record....I do not take this book literally. But I do, however, find truth in the fact that we cannot assume that we know God to his fullest extent. God is bigger than us and our brains. And when we think we know him fully....we "man-size" him. God does not deserve to be man-sized. Not that we shouldn't strive to know him fully.

Anyway, this video is a little silly, but there is alot of truth in it. It goes against the whole idea that America has that, "God is a middle-class white republican."

Here is the link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvBz2Y0chdE

1 comments:

karenstacy said...

OMG what a GREAT video!
I loved it