THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY Saturday, August 29

Outside my window... It's a nice Saturday morning and it is quiet. We live in a lovely and quiet neighborhood! The only thing I hear is a dog barking.

I am thinking...about the future. Thinking about finances and projects to do on the house. Praying about if/when to start expanding our family. Jeff graduates in May. Wondering what life will be like without him doing homework all the time! Im' sure that free time will be filled up though pretty quickly.

I am thankful for...a God that has no boundaries on love. I often feel like "i have let him down." But he reminds me that I don't hold him up in the first place. He holds me up!

From the learning rooms...I have a good class this year. Now it's only been one week and they can always turn on me! But so far so good. We had an AWESOME first week. Probably the best first week of school I have had.

From the kitchen...been cooking quick easy stuff this past week cause I have been too tired to much more than that at the end of a school day.

I am wearing...red gym shorts and a gray t-shirt

I am creating...NOTHING! But eventually (when we get tax return money) I will be creating a nice backyard. It will include a deck, a tree house for Colin, and a hammock between 2 trees and hopefully my vegetable garden!

I am going...to a youth conference in Tatum today with a few of our youth and to hear Jeff, Tim, and Jenni lead music!

I am reading...nothing right now. Haven't really read anything this week but lesson plans!

I am hoping...it gets easier to get up in the mornings and go to sleep at night! Not quite in that routine yet.

I am hearing...Colin munch on his breakfast cereal.

Around the house...I changed mopping chemicals. We have very slick tile floors in the bathroom, kitchen, mudroom and laundry room. The old stuff I was using was leaving a weird white film. I just switched to Lysol mopping stuff and it looks a LOT better. They don't "shine" like I want them to, but they don't leave a film or streaks!

One of my favorite things...coming home to my boys every day. I am SO SO SO thankful for them and love them to death. I had a dream the other night that we had another baby boy and he looked IDENTICAL to Colin (they were older in the dream...like around 3 or 4) and we were frustrated because we didn't know which one was which. Then we kept forgetting what the new boys name was so we would change it all the time. Talk about bad parents! Can't tell them apart and don't know their names! Anyway, even though it was an absurd dream, it made me excited about adding to our family later. A girl would be fun! Someone I can actually invest in and guide to eventually be a Godly woman. It would be fun to dress her up, go shopping with her, have slumber parties with her friends. But then another boy would be a blast as well! I love the idea of having a house full of rowdy boys that I am constantly cleaning up after. I love the idea of watching Jeff teach our boys how to be men of God. Well I didn't mean to ramble on this one...I'll move on!

A few plans for the rest of the week...youth conference in tatum today, church, another full week of school. Then next weekend is Labor Day weekend and I am going to Arlington.

A picture I want to share...why I love my husband so much. He is a man of humor!

1 comments:

Mary said...

I think it would have been fun to have a house full of boys, but I am soo glad that I got a girl too! Not to state the obvious, but they are SOOO different. But I think you have a lot of good reasons for wanting a girl. And Colin needs someone to antagonize him, who better than a sister?!? jk

I'm so glad you're enjoying your classroom kiddos! Do you give homework in Kindergarten? They have a K-1 program here, so it's different in Big Lake. I'm so sad that I won't be seeing you in two weeks. But I definitely want the Dnow to be an effective use of time and money, and maybe there are a lot of different things and people who needed spiritual preparation and that January will be better. love ya and can't wait to get more updates on you!