THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

phone home

I don't know why I called this post that. For those of you that do not know, jeff and i have this code word with jenni and tim. You see, every time we see something that is very East Texas (such as a mullet, a camo cut off shirt) we say "phone home." We used to say E.T. (to stand for East Texas) but then it made us think of ET the movie...so it somehow morphed into phone home. Wal-Mart in the evenings is prime time for finding these situations. However, I assure you this is all done in love...not in judgement. Jeff and Tim will be the first to tell you that they think mullets make a man attractive!

That had nothing to do with this post....just thought I'd share.

Really I don't know what this post is about....so I guess it doesn't matter!

I had a great weekend. My parents came in Friday night. I always love seeing them and know Colin loves seeing his MomMom and Pepaw. We watched Fireproof (which I loved!) The message was so powerful and it is definitely a message that this world needs to hear. Then Saturday we got up to go to Longview to go to a flea market. Well it rained and the flea market that we tried to go to apparently closed 2 years ago, so we just went to the mall and KMart. Then we came home, mommom and pepaw left, and we got in hard core sermon preparation mode.

Sunday morning jeff preached because our pastor was out of town. He did great and I was proud of him! Granny and Pops came in to see Colin man....oh and I guess to hear jeff preach. Then we had the associational Sunday School leadership training hosted at our church that night. THAT was actually really good. I was not looking forward to it and it really ended up being a really helpful thing! We had a great leader from the BGCT.

But, I am glad to be home tonight, glad jeff is NOT going to work tomorrow so we can have our family time. People gave us advice when we started ministry about protecting our family time. Now I realize what they mean. You have to fight for it. Its getting to the point where we are forcing ourselves (not often enough) to say "no" to people and things. And that's hard but its necessary.

So I am excited about tomorrow. Jenni and Tim are coming over, we are having steaks and watching the stars. Probably play a little wii in between times. Good times.

One more thing....


HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNNNNNIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is twonee wahn!

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Did they record the sermon? You should post a link to it if you could! I'd love to hear it.

Mary said...

I miss East Texas. mesquite trees Do NOT count as trees. lol And i miss you soooooo very much!! I can't wait to see you at Hannah's party and we're praying for you guys as you finish up this week and prepare to leave on the trip!! love ya!