THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

at mother's request

My mom told me to update my blog and I DO want to follow God's command to honor my father and mother (haha!) So I am obeying...

But...I really don't have much to say. I have noticed that I type ......... alot in my blogs. Ha!

Today was a rough day. Every once in a while (usually on Wednesdays!) I just get overwhelmed by all the responsibilities. I am not one that handles stress well. I don't do well when I feel rushed, or when something "out of routine" happens. I am trying to better about it...(there I did it again!) to be more flexible and calm when kinks are thrown in the day or when I have a lot in my day to tackle. I guess this is part of being the "servant" that God has called me to be. God has burdened my heart to be servant-like and it is hard to not always think of my own interests or preferences. Its also hard to find the balance between giving of myself and protecting my time and family time. There ARE times to say "no." Im just working now on discerning when that is.

We are very very slowly starting to house hunt. We are in no rush to buy until about this time next year, but the market is small here and I figured it wouldn't hurt to look. I have seen some cute houses that are definitely in my range. Marshall has a TON of older homes that have such character! Pray for us though. Its hard to make a decision when we don't know our future plans. If we are going to be here for 10 years or more, then I want a house that my family can grow in. But if we are just here for 3-5 more years, then I will look for something on a smaller scale. I trust that God has a house for us, I just need to learn to let it fall in place instead of trying to "over plan."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you.
Mom

Mary said...

Personally, I think the church should purchase another parsonage. Honestly...being part of the community is important to the church and Brother David I think...so they should help their ministers out by providing housing for them!!! Not likely, seeing as how giving/tithing is down in most churches right now...but you, it's an idea...lol.

I stinkin miss you so much. You know how sometimes throughout the day, as you're doing things and making decisions you have a "mother tape" playing in your head? You know, all the things your mother used to say that come to mind, or what she would say to you at that moment if she were there? (Am I the only one with a mother tape in my head?!?) Anyway, I have a Jeff/Sarah tape in my head too. Sometimes Jenni chimes in too, madness usually ensues. just kidding. But I miss you guys so much. I can't wait to see you next weekend, and I really, really, really want to plan something for our youth groups to do together!!!

Be ferociously protective of your family and you/Jeff time. I'm serious. Most people won't fight for it for you. We know first hand. (I know you know that too.)

By the way, do you have a book of mine called "Facing your giants" or something like that? I don't remember who I let borrow it, and you might have given it back and I've lost it...but just wondering. AND if you ever need a bible study or a good adult women bible study group...you should do Beth Moore's "Esther." I'm not usually a big BM (ha ha) fan, but some women at our church are doing it, and I started going and I'm glad i did. I'm learning a lot, and it's really applicable. (I sound like a salesman..."and if you call now, we'll throw in this purple NISV Bible for FREE!")

ok, I've written a post on your comments...love you lots. Miss you almost as much.

Taylor said...

Okay... here is what I'm learning about the house hunt...

If you don't really know where you'll be in 10 years, go with a "starter home." And that doesn't mean crappy -- you can find some really cute starter homes. The reason... to build equity. My friend is able to spend SO much more on her second house, because she has built up more money from the sale of her first house to put down... which means she is paying virtually the same amount each month on a $220,000 house as she did on her $130,000 house. ALL because her down payment was WAY bigger.

And... there is SO much more added expenses involved that I totally didn't realize. Like a 3.5% down payment AT LEAST (which is about $4,500), $400-500 just for inspection, $7,000 closing costs... it all starts to add up. I thought that it would be like tv... you pick out your house, you sign some papers, you move in. It is a complete GAME and totally overwhelming at times. But I think there is huge pride in being a homeowner! (Pride in a good way... does that make sense?)

Just a little advice among friends! :) And yes, you needed to update!