THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 2, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

Simple Woman's Daybook for TODAY Monday February 2, 2009.

Outside my window...it is really nice as long as the wind doesn't blow. I am SOOOO ready for Spring! It is my favorite season, I think. It's a great reminder of life.

I am thinking...about 2 friends that are lost and hurting.

I am thankful for...that I can rely on God's strength in ministry, because he knows we don't have a whole lot.

From the learning rooms...well last week I had like 7 kids out every day. we had the flu junk going around. I didn't teach too much new stuff since so many were out. Most of them were back today, so we will try to get back on track.

From the kitchen...we had chicken nuggets (or nuddits as C-man calls them) mac n cheese and black eyed peas. The rest of this week's menu includes fajitas, barbecue baked potatoes, taquitos, and fried chicken.

I am wearing...my wide leg dark jeans that I got for Christmas. I have officially stopped shopping from the junior section and graduated to semi-mom-jeans. And there is no shame! It is actually (in my opinion) more flattering on me. It keeps my "muffin tops" (you know...the love handles that hang over) in.

I am creating...I am trying to think of creative valentine cards for my class. I found some pretty cute ideas in this magazine. I will post a picture on what I decide to do.

I am going...on a mission trip for Spring Break with our church to South Tx to do hurricane clean up from Ike.

I am reading...5 Love Languages for children, Classical Devotions.......still.

I am hoping...that my high school Sunday School class keeps going like it has been the past few weeks. They have been opening up and more have been coming. Really exciting stuff. And I had a few extra leaders with me that are SO amazing...and I hope they keep coming too.

I am hearing...the tv and Colin snoring (he is asleep on his daddy's chest)

Around the house...dishes are clean, towels are washing and drying, toys are everywhere and it is cold, because we have the LEAST energy efficient house EVER!!!!

One of my favorite things...blankets. (Mary, you know what I'm talking about!)

A few plans for the rest of the week...work, church, small group at our house on Thursday, Arlington Fri night and Saturday for Nat's shower, Sunday come home and see Daniel and Mary!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...one of the best decisions I ever made.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I can't wait to see you Sunday!!! It has been entirely way too long since we've seen each other! We can curl up in blankets and talk; just like "old times" lol Our house in Big Lake has a fire place, but I bet I'll still use lots of blankets!!!

When is your spring break and what day are ya'll leaving for the trip? I'm trying to plan Hannah's bday party to be in Ennis so that as many people as possible can come.
I'm so excited for you about your sunday school class! It's so cool to finally see some effects of your prayers and work.

Our youth groups should just go on ski trips together; wouldn't that be cool???

Ok, lots of random comments...and I'm SOOOOOOO excited to see you Sunday! Love you lots and miss you!

Mary said...

hey, I just re-read your blog and I totally missed the part about the small group at your house thursday! Is this the first time meeting, or how long have ya'll been meeting? That's so stinkin awesome!!! I know you guys need people pouring into you too, and you also have an amazing ministry to our peers as well. I love you guys.

Stephanie Calderon said...

You look so beautiful in that picture! That is a really cute picture...I am so happy for you and Jeff.