THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 in review (stolen from Mary)

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
I started my first second year in a row at a school (if that makes sense). In other words it was the first time I didn't have to start a "new" job. That was really nice. I felt very prepared this year because I knew what to expect.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't usually make new years resolutions, but I do remember reflecting this time last year that I wanted a year that was depression free and that I wanted a year that was used more effectively to serve God and others. So....there was no depression and I hope God was pleased with my effectiveness. I think in some ways I succeeded and some ways I need to be better.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Mary and Taylor

4. Did anyone close to you die?
yes

5. What countries did you visit?
none....maybe in a few years.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
maybe pregnancy or a house. we'll see...no official plans yet.


7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 17th. We went before the church in view of a call to ministry. And July 12th. Jenni and Tim got married!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Jeff and I started ministry. I can't really say if we have achieved anything or not, but we obeyed.

9. What was your biggest failure?
we probably haven't used our money as wisely as we could have.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I went to the ER in February with a sinus infection that got to close to being meningitis. And I found out I have IBS. Nothing big.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
a new TV

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Daniel and Mary. For the way they exhibit obedience and humility in the midst of confusion. I love them much. My husband. He has stepped up to the plate of ministry in a humble yet determined and disciplined way. We have learned so much and I have learned so much from his attitude and outlook on ministry and things in general. I love being a ministry partner with my husband.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
i don't know. mine did at times. its easy to be selfish and defensive and that is not okay.


14.Where did most of your money go?
hmmm...honestly some to some unecessary material things, but mainly to child care and bills.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
watching Colin grow up! he learned to walk and talk this year. he is such a smart little boy and I am proud of him.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
"Enter this Temple" by Leeland

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? much happier. i've got joy in my heart that wasn't there last year.
ii. thinner or fatter? thinner...still hadn't last all the post baby weight yet at this time last year
iii. richer or poorer? richer (because of Jeff's job). But I also feel that we are living a much richer life in Christ as well.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
it hasn't been an issue for Fall semester 08, but Spring semester 08 I spent WAY too much time working and not enough time with my family. I plan to continue to love on my family more in 09.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
worrying about what people think of me and over working myself.

20. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I fall in love more and more every day with my Jesus, my husband, and my sweet little boy.


21. What was your favorite TV program?
House Hunters, Antiques Road Show, I know I am a dork.

22.. What was the best book you read?
Devotional Classics by Richard Foster and Messy Spirituality by Mike Yaconelli

23. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Leeland

24. What did you want and get?
a boss that would be understanding and that would be the perfect balance between holding me accountable and not over-pressuring me.

25.What did you want and NOT get?
a new car

26. What was your favorite film of this year?
hmmm....I dont know....Im not a big movie watcher

27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25. Jeff took me to eat at Chilis (imagine that) Then my parents came in town and took me out to eat. And I actually started this blog around my birthday!

28 What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
not worrying or being anxious and letting go of things that should have been let go of a long time ago.

29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
something you would see on "what not to wear." It is pitiful. I really do have fashion sense. Just dont have the money or time to shop for the right kind of clothes. We did get to start wearing scrubs this school year at work so that is a new addition to my wardrobe.

30. What kept you sane?
Jeff. He balances me out.

31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I really just don't care about celebrities.

32. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don't get stirred up about politics mainly because I am a ding dong and don't understand it all. But I usually try to pay attention to education related political topics.

33. Who did you miss?
my friends and family in Arlington. Daniel and Mary. my small group (I miss that SO bad)

34.. Who was the best new person you met?
Tiffany. She has really turned about to be a helpful and encouraging friend. We like to have talks about "psychological" type of stuff and relationships. She is great.

35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
"I have not come to be served but to serve." God has reminded me of that time after time this year.

36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Into Marvelous Light I'm running. Out of darkness. Out of shame.
By the cross you are the truth. You are the life. You are the way.
Sin has lost its power. Death has lost its sting. From the grave you've risen. Victoriously!

37. The best thing you discovered this year?
Guitar Hero

38. The best thing you lost?
our GPS

39. What are you glad to leave behind from 2008?
worry

40. What are you looking forward to in 2009?
i really don't know. I'm trying not to have expectations as far as "plans." But I do expect to be used by God and for him to reveal himself in a new way this year!

1 comments:

karenstacy said...

AHHHHHH you quoted Charlie Hall too, thats so funny. I love him and he is a great guy to get to talk to if you ever have the chance!
KAren