THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...it is fickle. I am tired of the back and forth. I REALLY enjoyed this weekend when it was warm.

I am thinking...that praise and acceptance is important for children. I like words of affirmation and it motivates me to keep going. Therefore, if I like it and need it, so do others. My son needs it, my students need it, my husband needs it, my friends need it.

I am thankful for...my church.

From the learning rooms...my kids came back yesterday looking so different. They had grown up just in 2 weeks! Some of them have come back way more academically developed too. I missed them. (I did enjoy my break though!)

From the kitchen...I made frito pie last night. I love to put corn in it and thought I had some. Well I did have corn but it was cream corn (which id disgusting to me). So I had to compromise and put beans in it instead. It was pretty good, but nothing beats the corn in it. It adds sweetness and a different texture in the pie than beans does. I'm big on foods with texture.

I am wearing...green jogging pants and a blue t-shirt. I so don't match and I so don't care. The older I get the less I care about my clothes. I just know that someone is going to nominate sooner or later for "What Not to Wear." Jenni and I both have said that we WANT to be nominated so we can spend $5000 on clothes. okay, Jenni, we will nominate each other and whoever wins has to share the clothes with the other. We are about the same size, right?

I am creating...so I know no one cares about this, but it was the only thing I could think of. I created a "notebook" that organizes all of my documentation for intervention of my students at work. I LOVE it and don't feel so intimidated about trying to keep up with all of that documentation now. And I put a cute picture of Colin on the front of it so I can see his sweet face at work.

I am going...to introduce Colin to the "potty." I'm not really training him yet. I just want him to know what it is and where it is. So when he IS ready he will already know. This is kind of weird, but I'm going to put it in the kitchen. We don't really have a safe bathroom. It is really small and narrow and we have exposed plumbing under the sink that I am afraid he will hit his head on.

I am reading...Still reading Classical Devotions by Richard Foster. I spend about a week reading and re-reading and journaling over one chapter.

I am hoping...that it gets warm and stays warm. (I know...who am I kidding?) I just really really hate the cold and want it to be warm!

I am hearing...Mario Cart. We got a wii for Christmas from Jeff parents (thanks Sharla!) and we bought Mario Cart. It is SO fun and addicting.

Around the house...Colin is grabbing the other steering wheel for Mario Cart and pretending to play like his daddy. He loves his daddy and is always imitating him. Scary, huh? Do we really need another Jeff around here? hehe

One of my favorite things...when Colin grabs my nose and says, "noth." It is too cute. Then he stabs me in the eye with his finger and says "ahhh." Wow, he says "eye" like an east texan!

A few plans for the rest of the week...work, church, and a calm weekend with no plans really.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...






To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.

4 comments:

Jenni Darst said...

I had fun reading this...and that picture is so cute!!! He's such a boy now.

Maaaaaaa said...

What a cute couple of guys! I am so glad that the you guys were able to find Mario Kart....I am terrible at it but had fun playing it! Have I told you how grateful I am that you are my daughter-in-law! Love ya....Maaaaaaa

Anonymous said...

I have three words to say... "Gushing" "Thangs" "Ecuador" ...that is all :)

Mary said...

If you guys start to plan a trip in this direction before the D-Now in feb. let me know...I'll bribe you to stop by ennis to see us bc I miss you soo much, Sarah. You should update about how it's going with the youth and your class again soon!