THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Entrusted

So my classroom did NOT look like that picture below. I had 22 the first day, and we did have overflow but they went with our reading intervention teachers the first days. So that was a relief to us. My class is REALLY good. It gets loud and its taking a while to learn to walk in a line...but everything I tell them to do is always followed by a "Yes ma'am" and even sometimes an "I'm sorry." even when I didn't ask them to apologize. They are very sweet. I am excited about this school year. It's like a fresh start! Last year I was not myself. I was going through some depression and it really brought out the worst in me. I wasn't as effective as I wanted to be...as a teacher, as a mother, as a wife, as anything. I have hope that this year will be a year that I make a positive difference in other people's lives. But I know I can't do that unless I rely on God's strength. There is so much going in our schedule....we are already exhausted! And it would be easy to become so tired and bitter and whiny that I could become ineffective. I refuse for that to happen this year.

So the new youth ministry job is going well so far. The youth have really impressed me. There have been times where when Jeff and I are preparing a lesson for them and I think, "This is going to be way over their heads...they won't understand or care." But they understand a lot more that I think they do. Their responses to questions or discussions have really surprised me!

Our goal for these youth is for them to find their identity in Christ....not in other things. They try to find it in popularity, fashion, extra-curricular activities, boyfriends or girlfriends, in other's approval, etc. You guys know! We were once teenagers and know what it is like. But Jeff and I really think that most other issues that students have would be "dealt with" easier if their self worth was dependant on what Christ has done for them. Pray for us as we try to instill that in them.

On another note....My Colin is growing up! He is so smart and is walking a little more. Pray for us as parents and for him. The more he grows up the more he is going to be aware of and learn about this world. That scares me some. We want him to be in this world, but not of this world. It's scary to think of all the sinful things of this world that he could easily get wrapped up in. I don't even like to think about that. I am afraid that Jeff and I will not be able to do enough to teach him who God is and when he eventually accepts Christ as his savior...I am afraid that we won't be able to teach him how to be holy as He is holy. I know it probably be fine, but it is such a huge and burdening responsibility...especially when it is your child.

I am just overwhelmed at the amount of people the Lord has entrusted to me and Jeff to guide. My son, my 22 kindergartners, and the teenagers of our community and church. Wow. I am just afraid that everything we do will not be enough to teach them and show them.

1 comments:

Taylor said...

You do have a huge responsibility on your plate... but remember God is working through HIS power and not yours! Praying for you.