THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happenings

Well.....we are officially "on staff" which is kind of weird. We did our first "official" event on Wednesday night. It was pretty fun! We had 30 youth there and we had to go find more chairs. We definitely are not going to fit in our little youth room if we keep going like that! Jeff really wants to make it to where youth will come in and feel comfortable rather than them coming in and sitting quietly and awkwardly. He did a good job of that. He had music videos playing on the tv and he was pegging youth with wiffle balls as they entered the room. They even started playing wiffle ball using a couch cushion as the bat! It was pretty funny. Anyway, his lesson did not go as well as he wanted, but we definitely learned what we could do better next time and even have a few ideas that we are excited to implement. We have a few events coming up pretty soon that you could be in prayer for. On Sept 19th..ish we are having a community Disciple Now. Actually I think that is our only event now that I think about it. hehe. But please be in prayer as we are looking for "curriculum" and also for our first youth council meeting....that it would be a productive and purpose driven time.

Well, school starts on Monday and I am really excited. I meet my kids and their parents tomorrow night. The only bad thing, is that we are going to have BAD overflow issues this year. You see, another school started a dual-language Kindergarten program which means their "overflow" kids come to us. The max I can have is 22, but I might have more for the first week or so until they find places for them. It's going to be a mess! My classroom might look like this on the first day of school....

....except they probably won't be sitting that well behaved.



3 comments:

Mary said...

you always make me laugh...(your pic and comment)

We'll be praying for you guys of course! Another good youth website (beside simply youth ministry) is Pastor2Youth.com Finding curriculum is always interesting too.

I know you're first week will be crazy, but you are an amazing teacher (and you have God with you..lol) so I know you'll handle everything marvelously!!!

I miss you too much.

JoyiaW said...

Hahaha, you're funny Sarah! Hopefully, you will not have THAT many children in your class ;) I will definitely be praying for you guys for the D-Now event (and other everyday things too). Miss you!

Taylor said...

So yea... that's about how many kids I have in my class. This year should be interesting.