THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

stuff

haven't written in a while because I'm so busy. I don't like being this busy. Anyway, Colin has been so fussy for a few weeks (teething, sunburn, etc.) But he seems better now. I stuck my finger in his mouth yesterday to put orajel on his gums and he has a HUGE teeth on the bottom. No wonder he has been fussing. I finally got some hand me down clothes that are 9-12 month clothes and I am so exited. They are SO cute. Now Colin won't be wearing clothes that are too small with his belly hanging out.

On another note...Jeff will be the interim music minister at our church (Crossroads). We are excited. It wasn't really what we were expecting, because Jeff doesn't really even feel called to that area of ministry. He wants to be a pastor. However, we feel this will be a good experience (and pay!). He starts the first sunday in May and will probably go through the end of the summer. Pray that God will give him a spirit of wisdom on how to lead the church closer to God through worship.

Also pray for me. I have been thinking about doing something different other than teaching. Not necessarily in the near future...just eventually. I wanted to go into teaching to love on kids. But instead I find myself competing and performing....not what I wanted to do. It's all about data and scores and who has the highest. Maybe I should care about scores...but I just don't. Also, I am a sore loser. I don't like knowing that other teacher's kids have higher scores. I used to not see myself doing anything but teaching, but now I could see myself doing other things because I am a completely different person than I was 2 years ago when I graduated. I need something that is more fulfilling to me and the people or kids I am trying to reach. Anyway, I've thought about doing stuff with CPS or maybe even going back to school to do something with marriage and family counseling. I know the advantages of the "teacher holidays." However, I would like to feel at peace and content with what I am doing all year rather than only feeling that during 2 1/2 months in the summer. Maybe I am supposed to keep teaching...I don't know...just something I am pondering.

1 comments:

Taylor said...

One of my very first blogs talked about this same struggle. I wasn't sure if it was really my "calling" anymore to be a teacher. The testing completely takes away all that I wanted to be as a teacher. I wanted to change lives... and teach a little math in the process. It isn't happening and God lead me to go back to school too. Which I was way against had you asked me when I graduated!!! Sharon (from camp) told me once when I talked to her about it, that teaching was God's way of preparing her for her current job. I thought I would teach for the rest of my life. I see now that I really don't know what God has in store, but what he takes me through is in preparation for His will to be accomplished. GIRL... I FEEL YOU'RE PAIN!