THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Our Saturday


We went to the pond behind our old apartments today. It was a gorgeous day! However, as you can see from the picture, my freckles get a little out of control when I go outside. Colin loves outside so we try to take him out as much as we can.

It was so nice to be somewhere where no one expected anything of me. There are constantly people who expect me to do something and I am constantly expecting things of myself as well. So it is nice to just stop for a while. Thats what I love about tanning. The tanning bed just expects me to lay there and it doesn't get mad if I fall asleep. :)

Anyway, I'm convicted about how intentional I am in getting to know people. I mean I feel like I know people on such a surface level. I want to know people. I want to build relationships and trust with people where they feel they can talk to me. I don't at all mean that in a "nosy" way either. I want to lead people to a God that can change their lives, but I can't help if I don't know anything about their lives. It's also easy to use the "I'm shy and introverted" excuse too, but that is not the life God has called me to. He has called me to a life of compassion and selflessness. He has called me to be like him. I just wish it wasn't so stinkin hard.

0 comments: