THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 2

Day 2: Something you love about yourself.

So I have just recently started memorizing about a verse/passage a week. I have always been good at memorizing stuff. Its very easy and natural for me to memorize. However, I have not ever used that ability for anything that might glorify the Lord. So I decided to start doing just that with the word of God! This was the first verse I memorized when I started.

"May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world was crucified to me and I to the world." -Galatians 6:14

So since the topic is "Something you love about yourself" I will talk about the only thing I am allowed to boast about according to that scripture.

I LOVE that I am a child of God because of what he did for me on the cross. I love that everything that I hate about myself that I mentioned in the previous post does not even matter because of what he did for me on the cross. I love that the stuff that I DO happen to like about myself doesn't even matter either because of what he did for me on the cross. I love that my God is big and does big things!

Ok, ok, and I do love that I can grill a grilled cheese sandwich to perfection. ;)

2 comments:

Jeff Stapleton said...

And your husband and son are eternally grateful for those grilled cheese sammiches

Mary said...

You are so wise, Sarah. It's funny, I don't think I ever told you this, but I've re-started memorizing scripture because of you! When you started doing it, I was like, oh yeah, I know that's important...but you've stuck with it and so I KNEW I could do it too! Thank you for that!

And...I'd like a grilled cheese sammich please. :)