THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I am thankful for:

I am thankful for my home.

We were blessed with the opportunity to be homeowners. I LOVE my house. I love the peaceful and quiet neighborhood. I love that we back up to the woods and not other houses. I even love that we back up to the railroad track. I know most people would hate that, but I actually kind of like it! There is something comforting about hearing the train go by. I love the work and effort we (really Jeff) have put into the outside of our house. I love my red front door. I love having covered parking. I love our back deck.

But more than the physical characteristics of our house, I love the memories that are being made and the things that occur in this structure. This is our 4th place to live since we have been married. I look back at all the places we have lived and more than I think about the physical things that I liked I think about special memories that happened there. Like dancing with my husband in our jammies, bringing home puppies, decorating with a 4 foot Christmas tree and dollar tree decor, bringing home Colin, Colin walking and talking for the first time, etc.

We have lived in our new home now for about a year and a half. And I have already had some sweet memories! Like birthday parties, decorating with a 6 foot tree this time, and bringing home Carley. There have been some funny memories like multiple cars getting stuck in the ditch in front of our house, potty training accidents that we even have the stains to prove it, and lots of laughter with friends. There has even been some not so great memories like bringing my family over right after my sister passed away. But that is what home is all about, isn't it? Whether its the best day of your life or the worst day of your life, its still home...a place of comfort. A place where people love eachother and go through life together.

I am thankful for a sweet place to do life together with my family and friends.

3 comments:

Mary said...

This really did make me cry. I love your heart, Sarah! You worded this truth so beautifully!!! I hope to invade your home again soon! :)

maggie may said...

lovely lovely post!
happy thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet, especially about Erin. It was wonderful to find a place of refuge and great comfort in your home after Erin passed away.
Look forward to many more happy memories with Colin and Carley.
Love you, Mom.