THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

35 weeks today. (updated)

How far along: 35 weeks (today is the point that I went into labor with Colin!)
Total weight gain/loss: 20 lbs
Maternity clothes: all maternity...and now that I am not working...a whole lot of jeffs shirts and basketball shorts!
Stretch marks: not on my tummy. i still have some on my sides from colin. but I am carrying WAY differently with carley. With colin I carried all around. With Carley, I am all in front. So I'm kind of surprised that I don't have stretch marks on my belly yet.
Sleep: meh...not great, but not terrible either. just have to get up to pee alot.
Best moment this week: without prompting Colin came up to me, lifted my shirt and hugged it. He said, "I love you Baby 'Cawley' (as he pronounces it). I cant wait to see you." So sweet.
Movement: all the time. She is a roller, and a hiccuper.
Food cravings: fruit. but that is a normal summertime craving for me. I ALWAYS eat lots of fruit when it is hot outside.
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: random contractions, she has dropped too.
Belly Button in or out: definitely out. kind of weird to me! You can see it through all my shirts.
What I miss: laying on my stomach
What I am looking forward to: seeing what she looks like! I can't wait to see if she has a ton of hair like colin did. To see if she looks exactly like her daddy the way colin does, or if she will have anything at all that resembles me. i don't even care either way. i'm not rooting for a certain hair or eye color or hoping she looks one way or another. i just can't wait to see!
Milestones: Thursday we go for a sono and pelvic exam. I'm anxious to see if she is still growing like she is supposed to. Haven't had a sono since 20 weeks and 2 weeks ago she was "measuring small." Probably not a big deal, but I just want to see that everything is okay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few snippets from my not so exciting life....

1. so i will be sitting around the house today, because i am waiting on the exterminator to come. we might have possible termite damage (yuck!). There is a little spot in our guest room/carport wall that keeps collecting what looks like sawdust. But we are hoping its just that one spot and that we are catching it early. When we bought the house a year ago the inspection said no termites. And this "sawdust" has just appeared over the past 2 months. So...hopefully nothing too serious.

*Update: So "the Orkin man" came and said it was NOT termites (thank goodness, cause he said that would have cost of thousands of dollars to fix). But it is carpenter ants. So we just have to set up a simple pest control thing where they come every other month....which we need to do anyway...especially living out here by the woods. There are bugs EVERYWHERE! Boo for ants but yeah for no termites!

2. I'm in a crafty mood and thinking about somehow making a hairbow holder. Possibly something simple like this... But instead of the flower, maybe finding a small wood cutout that I could put a "C" on.

3. I am totally enjoying Jeff being done with school. He told me last night that he feels like he is being a better daddy and husband because he has time to now. That made me feel bad for him. I NEVER thought he was being a bad daddy and husband, but we did have to make lots of sacrifices and be without him alot because of school. So its safe to say that we are ALL glad that he is done now.

4. I think that I'm weird and like change. For the past 5-6 years or so, there has always been some sort of BIG life change. Marriage, college graduation, new job, move to new city, have a kid, start youth ministry, buy a house, have another kid! I told Jeff last night...."after we have Carley, we will have to find something else to change in our life....its just the routine now! What are we going to change next?" I think its a good and a bad thing that I've gotten so used to it. Its good because I am literally open to anything now. I could totally pack up our stuff and move across the world and it wouldn't bother me. However, I absolutely know that God wants us here and now and for a while....and I need to be okay with that. And I am okay with that. Because I love it here. But I guess I will have to be creative in finding ways to feed my desire for change all the time. Jeff told me that every time I feel that way to go change a diaper. ;)

4 comments:

Amanda Jo said...

I can't believe you're already 35 weeks!!! I am so excited for you and your family. Colin is going to be a great big brother - I especially love how he dotes on her already. Also, I am so glad that Jeff is able to spend more time at home with you guys! :)

maggie may said...

you are about to have a baby! how exciting!!! not much longer now.
i know what you mean about life changes: we went from not being parents to being parents of four children in 2 years. if we're not crazy and in transition, i get stir crazy. ;)

aggielady02 said...

I can't believe you are so close now! I'm glad you are still doing well :)

Mary said...

I am completely with you on the change thing...lol. That fine line between being content with what we're supposed to be content with, and being able to let go of "life" (all that entails) at any moment that God may ask us to. :)

I am SO excited that Carley will be here soon!!! And Colin is so sweet! He's going to make such a good big brother! Love you and miss you!