THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY Thursday, June 18, 2009

Outside my window... bright, warm, and beautiful....and now muddy because Colin played in the sprinkler this morning

I am thinking...about finishing up VBS, and for the sweet little kiddos that I got to teach and for the couple of kids that asked Jesus into their heart! Beautiful.

I am thankful for...my home! I really love it and look forward to my future here. I look forward to taking care of it and slowly adding some "value" to the house. I am thankful for how God has never ceased to provide for us since we packed up and moved here to Marshall. A situation that I wasn't really sure how it was going to work....well it MORE than worked. It beautifully and perfectly fell into place. Thank you, father!

From the learning rooms...Who learns during the summer! We are here to PLAY!!!!

From the kitchen...i am planning meals that don't require the oven. The oven that was here when we moved in is not working. We called a guy to get an estimate and order the part. Well it will be fixed soon, but it ended up costing us 300$! And for just a tiny little part. Poooo!

I am wearing...black flops, black shorts, and a green tank that is very "flowy." I wore the same shirt last night to VBS and one of the youth girls asked if I was pregnant because she said I have been wearing alot of shirts that look like maternity shirts. Ha! (and no, mom, i'm not prego)

I am creating...a new budget. some MAJOR lifestyle changes are about to take place. The major one is there will be very little eating out (sad day...i love to go out to eat) and when we do eat out we will be ordering water, splitting meals, etc. Hopefully we will stick to that.

I am going...to take a shower in a little bit.

I am reading...The Shack. Very much enjoying it and enjoying that i actually have a little time to read!

I am hoping...that the summer doesn't fly by too quickly!

I am hearing...HGTV on a low volume and Colin slightly snoring next to me on the couch. Little ones are PRECIOUS when they sleep.

Around the house...a sleeping boy, some toys scattered on the floor, an absent husband (who is golfing with our pastor), and a "mud room" that really is covered in mud right now from our sprinkler adventure this morning!

One of my favorite things...ideas and visions! I was sitting in our backyard (which I LOVE!) and i have ideas and visions for that place that I can't wait to do! I want to build a deck, and then we have these 2 big trees that our about 4 or 5 feet apart that i would like to build a high up fort between the trees and then hang a swing from under the floor of the fort. Also got to get crackin soon on finding out about buying the rest of the land behind our property!

A few plans for the rest of the week...1 more night of VBS, then VBS family night picnic on friday, take Colin to granny's on saturday(*sniff sniff*), get ready for youth camp, leave for youth camp on Monday!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...as my little boy sleeps he has the same face now that he did back then! Just lighter hair and....no pacifier!



To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.

0 comments: