THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Hallelujah!

I'm out for summer break! What a relief. I have to share the one story that brought tears to my eyes. I don't even really know why because it seems like a silly little story. Anyway, I have a little girl that is an ESL student (limited English). She comprehends SOOO much but cannot verbalize all the knowledge that she has very well. Anyway, she usually is very shy and doesn't speak to me much unless she has to, so I really didn't think she gave much thought to me. Well on the last day of school, I walked in the door by the cafeteria to go sign in at the office. She was in the cafeteria eating breakfast and she came busting out the door to show me her new haircut. She was so excited about it and said, "I cut hair! I cut hair!" I thought that was kind of weird because she has had like 6 haircuts this year and always hated them. Anyway, at the end of the day her dad came to get her and I told him how excited she was about her haircut. He said when he took her she told the lady to cut it like Mrs. Stapleton's. Ok, I know, not a big deal. It just meant alot to me that she thought more of me than I thought she did.

I'm very excited about our new principal. I actually already know her because she goes to my church. She came to introduce herself yesterday and it was so refreshing. She kept talking about her family so much. She told us that she would not be a good principal unless "everything was right at home" meaning she needed to spend time with her family too. I guess that was her way of saying that she was going to have a life outside of school. She said that we would be seeing alot of her family and she wants to see alot of our families as well. I've always felt "guilty" for wanting to be with my family or for staying home with Colin when he is sick or whatever. Sometimes I feel guilty that I don't "live and breath" teaching all the time. So that was encouraging to hear her say all that. It was like she was giving us permission to have a life! haha.

So, I'm going to relax for a while. I'm going to go to Arlington next weekend and Chaz's birthday party. The boy is going to be 3! I'm excited to see Mary and Daniel. Then I'm going to come home and relax some more. I think I will catch up on some scrapbooking. I always love to do that. It's not as fun though unless I do it with my scrapbook sister, Taylor. I may have to come back to Arlington another time and show up at her house with all my supplies. :)

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Drop by any time, girlfriend!!! I'm glad you like your new principal! Our says the same thing... you can't really be your best in the classroom unless you take care of yourself first. Eat it up.

Unknown said...

Call me and let me know when you are scrapbooking and I will show up on your door step too!

Love you!
Sharon