THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

More Than a Song

I’ve tried to find a definition for worship, and I don’t know that there really is other than “ascribing worth” to Him. But how that happens or what that looks like…I don’t know. I don't think I am supposed to know. I have learned that I have to enter his presence and ask him, “How can I worship You today?” Sometimes that is through song, through obedience, through my attitude, through humility, through integrity.

If there is anything left on my heart besides him, I cannot give him my pure heart like he deserves. Any distractions on my heart make it difficult to see that he even is worth anything in the first place. So how can I “ascribe worth” if I truly don’t think he is? I hate that. I hate that I cannot love him as much as he loves me. I hate that I cannot give him what he has given me.

Its easy to forget that worship is more than songs. Like Heart of Worship says “I’ll bring you more than a song.,” Well how do I do that. What can I bring to my God? He says,


“Bring me everything….

everything you love,

everything you hate,

everything you have dreamed of

everything you have planned

everything that hurts,

everything that makes you proud,

everything that is "going good" in your life

everything that has fallen apart,

everything that you think is yours,

everything that you feel has wrongfully been taken away

everything that you think you have answered

even everything you think you believe in.”

Another thing that baffles me is that I can benefit from worship. It seems like I shouldn’t even have the right to feel so fulfilled by a God that deserves more than me. I often wonder if he feels as blessed by my worship as I do.

Why should I gain from His reward? I cannot give an answer. But this I know with all my heart. His wounds have paid my ransom.”

0 comments: