THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 26, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, Sunday, August 28th

Outside my window...
way...too...hot. I'm super excited for Fall weather. I love East Texas trees in the fall. Ready for bike riding, walks, pumpkin patches, etc.!

I am remembering...how much kindergartners don't know when they come in. I forget how much I have to explain!

I am thankful for...my husbands help this week! The first week of school is torture. I've had bus duty this week (which entails riding the bus with the kids in the heat). So needless to say I have wanted to just fall out when I get home. Jeff has given baths, fed, clipped toenails, changed diapers, dressed kids and taken kids to school. He's a good man.

I am creating...a blog post. Sorry...that's all I got.

I am going...to go insane if I get another Medical Bill in the mail. Pooo!

I am reading...Redeeming Love. Almost done! I would have finished it a long time ago because it is such a fast and easy read. But I started school this week and had no life. Hopefully I finish this weekend because the kids will be with their Granny and Pops!

I am hoping...Carley will stinking walk. I'm not worried because I know she can. I've seen her take a few steps. But the girl is almost 14 months old and will not walk! She just doesnt want to. Stinker.

On my mind...Leadership lesson to teach tonight.

From the learning rooms...Routines and Procedures all week. I have a great group of kids. They are very sweet. We are just working on the fact that school is not all play. We have to work a little too! Looking forward to seeing them grow.

Noticing that...Colin will be in kindergarten this time next year. Makes me sad! Colin's teacher has been talking to them about "getting ready for kindergarten" and Colin came home and asked, "Mom, when do I get to go to kindergarten?" Ummmm...no thank you.

Pondering these words... "Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” -Lamentations 3

From the kitchen...I baked potatoes in the crockpot while we are church this morning and we had BBQ baked potatoes.

Around the house...Phineas and Ferb, Jeff asleep in the recliner, Carley asleep in her crib, and Colin fighting sleep!

One of my favorite things...these days...my bed!

From my picture album... my teammates!


3 comments:

CDJ said...

That photo is great MISD PR - "Welcome to Kind!" You can't ask for more than that:)

Celina is reading Redeeming Love for the first time. I saw it on her counter last night and thought I'd come home and start it "one more time again:)"

Mary said...

We studied that chapter, including those verses from Lamentations in sunday school yesterday!!! (we were visiting family in Bay City and got to GO to a class instead of teaching one! Yay for a break!)

You MUST tell me how to bake potatoes in a crockpot! How do i not know this?!?

I really like Redeeming Love, it was more graphic than I was expecting bc I was a naive girl and didn't know what to expect at all, but it is such a moving and accurate (idea wise) portrayal of Hosea and God's love for us! Wow, I may have to read that again now!!

Love you and hope we can talk this Thursday maybe?

Maaaaaaa said...

I have read Redeeming Love...it is a great book! We also studied that chapter in Lamentations.....good southern baptist girls...that's what we are!!