THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 4, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY Friday, February 4, 2011

Outside my window... atleast 2 inches of fluffy pretty snow!

I am remembering... that when I was a child, we didn't have inclement weather days that often. Maybe once every 4 or 5 years? Since I have started teaching (this is my 5th year) we have had snow/ice days alteast once every year. A few years ago, we also had 2 days off when Hurricane Ike came through the East Texas area

I am thankful for... some of our students at church who have stepped up to the call of being spiritually disciplined. We have a few students who have been reading their bible EVERY day...and that is AWESOME!

I am creating... well...I am waiting for the chunk of time to do it, but my first sewing projects are going to be a play cape for Colin and curtains for my guest bedroom.

I am going... to Chicago in 1 month! I am so excited. I will be sad to leave my kids, but it will be ok. We are taking the kids to my parents house and then we fly out of DFW on Thursday, March 3rd. We will be back on Monday, March 7th. Its going to be a crazy time though, because right before Chicago we have a revival type of thing at church. The Tuesday after we get back from Chicago is Parent Conference night at my school. March 12 we are going to a wedding and then the next day we go to Arlington for a Mission Arlington trip. Whew! March is going to wear me out! It will be so fun though.

I am reading...through the Bible in a year. We read a chapter from 4 different books every night. Its been really challenging for me. I enjoy reading, but I am a very slow reader. Also, its been hard trying to figure out a good time to read. Can't do it when the kids are awake, and once they go to sleep, I struggle to stay awake myself. I have actually found myself most days reading in the parking lot of the daycare before I go in to get them in the afternoons. Hey! Whatever works right? It has truly been an awesome experience and I hope that I don't fail at finishing in a year.

I am hoping...that warmer weather comes soon...and stays!

On my mind...summer vacation! We are actually going to use tax return money this year to go on a vacation. I am really excited. It won't be anything fancy, but it will be a sweet time with the hubs and kids.

From the learning rooms...I have seen such improvement in some of my kids and its really exciting. 1 student has made a complete turn around in her behavior, 1 student is making an effort (most days) to change his behavior, and ALOT of my kids have taken off with writing. Writing is a really hard thing for kindergartners to grasp and every year it seems to click in the 2nd semester. Love it!

Pondering these words... "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God." -Romans 5:1-2

From the kitchen...barbecue baked potatoes last night, spaghetti tonight, and also I'm about to make some banana bread!

Around the house...A husband eating a sandwich while watching American Chopper, a little boy eating spaghettios, a baby sleeping, toys everywhere, and a mudroom with wet clothes and boots! :)

One of my favorite things... Carley is obsessed with kisses! I have been kissing her on her mouth alot lately. She used to just stare at me like, "What are you doing to me?" Now she leans in for it, and if you don't come to her she will grab your shirt and pull you in. Then...its not just one kiss...its about 40 kisses!

From my picture journal... Snow Day!



2 comments:

Jeff Stapleton said...

glee

Mary said...

awww, I remember sweet kisses like that!! Thank goodness both my kiddos still snuggle, kiss and hug me! It won't last forever, I know, so I treasure it like you do! So excited for you guys going to SYM conference, come back and teach me!! :) Also, can't wait to see you all at Mission Arlington! I've been trying to incorporate more spiritual disciplines in my life, and I can definitely tell the difference they make. It's hard to explain without sounding legalistic, but the affects are worth the "work" and discipline! And, I love the pics Jeff posted of your snow day...hope you all enjoy it!!