THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I love Spring Break!

Jeff went on a mission trip with the church. I decided to stay back and continue potty training with Colin and get some much needed stuff done in the house. I organized all the baby clothes that I have acquired, added another shelf/rod in Colin's closet for Carley's clothes, got rid of a BUNCH of stuff that I don't use anymore, and finally got a hair cut! My parents have been here helping. We even got around to all my favorite eating places while my parents were here. Got to eat at Porky's, Joe Bucks, Pappacitas, and next on the list is Fuglers.

Todays project is a little curtain project and lamp shade project. I'm using the plain white curtains I already have but adding a strip of boldblack and white fabric to it for some "pop." I didn't get the idea from anywhere which makes me kind of nervous. I can't blame a bad idea on someone else if it was my original idea! haha. Anyway. With the lamps I am keeping the bases but spray painting them black. Then I bought some cheap white shades that I am adding black ribbon to the top and bottom edge of the shades. We'll see how it turns out!

I am missing Jeff so bad. I can't wait for him to come home and see all the stuff I got done. I know Colin misses him too. Last night Colin would NOT go to sleep. He just kept crying and finally he said, "I need to play wii with Daddy!" So we had to call daddy right then and talk to him. That boy loves his daddy.

And even though I am a tad bit jealous of all the fun being had without me on that mission trip (all my dear friends and alot of our sweet youth are on that trip), I am SO thankful for this time to get stuff done for my sweet family.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

I'm loving the spring break projects myself!!! Totally ready to be a SAHM! And by the way I LOVE what that little 'e' does to Carley's name! Perfect!

Lee Ann said...

I've been eating out all week too! I told my mom today "Even if I did stay in town for Spring Break, I'm going to eat like I'm on vacation!"