THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

There is never enough time

I had a day off today and it was nice. I had to go to the doctor for a check-up and then get lab work done. It took FOREVER! I waited for a long long time. But it was kind of nice to just sit there and read a magazine...I never get to sit and do something mindless. Then I went and got a haircut. It was much needed. I was looking scraggly...if that is even a word. So today was the first time that I didn't have to worry about time. I didn't have to be anywhere I try to squeeze in a bunch of responsibilities.

I get frustrated with the aspect of time. I'm only given so much to do what I am called to do. I am only given 9 months to get kindergartners to the level they need to be at. We are only given an hour on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings to teach youth about the God that loves them. I am only given around 3 hours every night to spend meaningful time with my son. I am only given about 30 minutes do some form of housekeeping so I don't kill myself by tripping on something. Then I am only given a short time to go to sleep so I am somewhat functional the next day.

But that's the thing. I don't want to be "somewhat functional." I want to be effective and inspiring. I can't be those things unless I find time to rest in the Lord. I am so struggling with that right now. I can fit in work, parenting, youth ministry, and time with Jeff. But is hard to find time to listen to God, to worship him, to talk to him, to learn about him, to read his word. I'm not saying that as an excuse because I don't want to. I DESPERATELY want to. I am hungering for that. I am afraid that me not being intimate with my Savior will eventually cause me to burn out, become ineffective, and lose purpose.

On another note...I just need to talk about how much I love my husband. He is grand. My 2 favorite things about him are his sense of humor and how disciplined he is. He is SOOO awkwardly funny. He says the most ridiculous things that make no sense. He is so relational about it to. He uses his humor to connect with other people. People are comfortable building a relationship with him. God will and is using that aspect about him for HIS glory.

Also, his discipline is something that never ceases to amaze me. He never wants to do anything half-way. He takes everything he does so seriously. He is disciplined in school, in youth ministry, in his relationship with the Lord, and with being the husband and father that God has called him to be. I love him for that. I love that I am taken serious and that he sees me as something worth fighting for. He sees alot of the things he does as something worth fighting for. It has been amazing how our love for eachother and for Colin has taught us more/helped us understand more about the love Christ has for us. Anyway...I love my husband.

2 comments:

Katie said...

That is so sweet for you to brag on your hubby! I am always encouraged when I see wives publicly honor their husbands that way!

:)

Anonymous said...

Your husband is just a man...a friggn amazing man