THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

i'm quirky times seven

i'm quirky times seven

Kate at my messy nest tagged me to do a 7 quirky things post.


In no particular weird order....

1. When I pronounce words that end in a p, I very dramatically overemphasize the/p/ sound. Like when I say top or mop. I don't even realize that I do it until someone is like, "Why did you say it like that?"

2. Since we are on the topic of pronunciation, I must admit that I have picked up the East Texas accent. It is out of control. Instead of saying, "Why?" I say, "Whaaaaa?" and my name is not Sarah anymore, it is Sayruh. And Jeff is now Jayuff.

3. I am way anal about cabinet doors being closed. I can't stand for them to be left open. At school I put rulers through the door handles of the kid's closets to train them to conform to my standards of door shutting.

4. Ok, you know those mechanical pencils? Well, most people click the bottom of it with their other hand when they want more lead. I click it on my forehead.

5. My husband is crazy. He taught Colin to say "Dooky" the other day. What is even sadder is that I thought it was funny and I kept encouraging it. Now I am regretting it because he won't stop saying it.

6. I am the most gullible person in the entire world. If you tell me something, I believe it. My friend told me that the little bumps in the road (you know...the lane dividers) were for the blind people that drive. I believed it. And then I was thinking, "How do they see the traffic lights?"

7. I hate tea. I know, I know. I am not a true Texan. But I just can't do it. It is disguisting.

Now I tag:
Taylor
Sharon
Jenni
Mary
Mom
Joyia
Sharla

1 comments:

Mary said...

That's funny that Colin says dookie now. Tim taught Chaz at your house on Sunday, remember? You're such a bad influence, Sayruh. And with the topic of accents; thanks to east Texas I say "peench" instead of pinch. Love you lots!!