THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 15, 2008

The results of Ike

So Ike came through on Saturday and hit hard. Harder than I had expected. We were without power for over 24 hours and some people still don't have power. While our power was out Jeff and I decided to go see if we could find a restaurant or a store open to get something to eat. What we found was the entire city of Marshall in pitch black. The WHOLE city was out. The next morning we went out and here is some of what we found.



a tree that split right across the street from my house



a tree uprooted and fell on the roof of this field house thingy at ETBU



assessing the damage



this is the street we live on. Just barely hanging on.


i don't know who's house this is, but this is awful.

Our yard is littered with branches leaves and pine needles. I went to WalMart today to replace all of the food that had spoiled in our fridge. It didn't occur to me that Walmart's food in their fridges had spoiled too. So there wasn't much there. Oh well. Anyway, while some of the damage is bad, Marshall is blessed. It could have been worse. I know students and teachers are blessed because they closed school for today (monday)!

5 comments:

Katie said...

oh my! I am glad to hear you fair pretty well considering!

Amanda Jo said...

I am so glad you all are ok!!! I hope that Marshall (and East & South Texas especially) is back up an running again soon!!!

Taylor said...

Wow. These pictures make me sad. I'm so thankful that you are all okay! Miss you.

Ando said...

I am so glad ya'll are okay. My supervisor's son goes to ETBU and she was telling me about the tree on the field house...now I see what she was talking about.

Mary said...

Not that I'm jealous of destruction, but I AM jealous that AFTER we leave Marshall, ya'll get like two "hurricane" storms...lots of cool rain and wind. boo. Although there was that cool tornado the night I went into labor!!

Anyway...I miss you lots. We do need to talk soon. I miss life with you. This life sucks. This can NOT be what God intended. Ok, maybe we're supposed to be learning something apart from you guys right now...but we can't do this the rest of our lives. We at least have to live in the same town. No fair. Keep praying for us, k? Barely hanging on over here sometimes.