THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 7, 2008

ummmmm.....hi!

I'm sitting here at the in-laws while Colin is being entertained by someone other than me. Jenni (Jeff's sister) is getting married this weekend, so there will be alot of running around this week getting last minute details together. I'm also going dress shopping with my bud, Nat, tomorrow who is getting married in March. I'm excited. Wedding are always great....especially when it's for someone who is very close to you.

Anyway, please pray for Jeff and I. It seems as though God has placed a ministry in our laps to lead (although it isn't actually official yet...). We are very excited, but mostly we are SO scared and overwhelmed by the responsibility, time, and discerment from God that this will take. We have very little experience or qualifications. I shared with a friend today that I feel "in over my head." I have heard in a sermon once that, "God gives us things where we feel like we are in over our heads, because he doesn't want us to use our heads." He wants us to simply be vessels of his work and power. Please pray that if it is in his will for us to be used in this ministry, that we would be obedient vessels for his work. Pray that we would have a continuing discernment and "in-tuneness" (couldn't think of a better word) with God. We know we will not be so effective if we do this on our own strength and abilities. Thanks for your prayers.

5 comments:

Taylor said...

Prayers?... You got 'em!

AND - I love it when you update! :) Even though I will see you tomorrow!

Amanda Jo said...

I am SO excited that the Lord has chosen to use you in this area of ministry! It's so exciting to be used by Him!!! I will pray for you my friend.

My hubs and I have been in many situations where we doing exactly feel like we can do what we're called to do. I've been given this advice many times and I'm sure you've heard it before but:

"God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called."

Keep us posted!

Katie said...

Guess what? Because you are awesome I have given you a blog award! Check it out on my blog.

Taylor said...

Nooooooooooooooo I like YOU!

Taylor said...

I've been waiting all week while you were at camp for an update...

:)