THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 21, 2011

And we have an answer...

I got the call from Colin's doctor. His MRI came back clear. (Thank the LORD!) Hiss EEG showed quite a few abnormal brain waves. She said he has generalized absence seizures. And we are starting him on a medication for it on Monday. I am ok with all of this because I have had time to process it. I mean I've been watching him do this for about a year and had researched enough that I even assumed that's what it was.

My first thought was, "How much is this medicine going to cost us?" I will do whatever it takes to make sure my son is healthy, but its not fun to think about adding another section in our budget when we already don't make enough to meet the other sections. (Its all child care's fault! Lol) So I called CVS and they said it would be between 10 and 15 bucks! Woohoo! Thank the Lord again!

Now just pray that this medicine works and that we don't have to change to a different one. There are some possible side effects that may not be too fun depending on how severe. We also have to have his blood levels checked some to make sure they are stable. ??? Don't really know what that means yet, but I guess we will find out.

Thanks for your prayers, friends. :)

0 comments: