THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 10, 2011

God provides

I just love how God provides. Sometimes its in a big ways. Like when we moved here, he provided for us a job and insurance and money for hospital bills after having a baby. Sometimes its just the little things that happen that are a sign of His provision. Lately...its been the little things. Something that just brings a sigh of relief and brings such a smile to my face. Examples...

1. Although there has been much smoke in the air from all of these awful fires, God has sent cooler temperatures to be that little bit of a relief.

2. The way our budget works, we have about 5$ left in our account after bills and groceries and all that. Suddenly Jeff needed bout 15$ to pay for parking at a game he was taking pictures at. That same day I had gotten a check for a piano lesson that was 15$. :)

3. After a crazy busy 1st 2 weeks of school, we had an unexpected schedule change in our normal day that allowed me and my teammates to just sit and talk and laugh together for about an hour!

4. I constantly get hand me down clothes for the kids. I never have to buy clothes for them.

5. I have a dishwasher. Yes I know that I got that like 6 months ago...but I still have not forgotten how much of my life was taken away from hand washing dishes. Its truly helpful.

6. After feeling a little financially desperate, the Holy Spirit reminded me of the verse “Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you." -Isaiah 46:4

6. I have a sweet friend who is one of the nurses at my GI doctor. Her kids go to the same daycare as my kids. She leaves free samples of my medicine for me at the daycare all the time so I don't have to buy any. :)

7. CVS extra care bucks. Enough said.

God is in the business of providing for His people. He is faithful and I pray that I never lose sight of his faithfulness and provision. There have been times in my life that I have felt forgotten or desperate. But I know that he has never left me because he daily sends me love and sends me what I need just when I need it.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Yes! I love it! (all of it actually) Especially the verse you quoted...I know I have that underlined in my Bible, but haven't read or heard it lately!! Wow! God is good and He provides, even if it takes u awhile to see it! :)

maggie may said...

so so good! it's so easy for me to focus on what i don't have (not crazy, outlandish things, but everyday things like health) instead of focusing on how God is sovereign and He provides everything we need. He cares so so deeply for each of us. thank you for reminding us all to be thankful!