THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 10, 2011

Things I love...

1. I love how snow has the ability to force the world to stop its busy-ness and rest and enjoy the most important things in life. Loving this day off to spend with my kids. Just wish Jeff was home to enjoy it with us. But we had a great night at home last night as church got canceled. Enjoyed watching Jeff and Colin play in the snow.

2. I love craftiness. I have been looking at random blogs and have gotten SO many ideas of things I want to make. Most of which involve my sewing machine. Here is my to-do list of crafts. In no particular order.

  • re-purposed furniture into play kitchen for Carley for next Christmas (idea from Taylor)
  • sew an apron and matching pot holders to go with above kitchen.
  • more throw pillows for my couches and my bed.
  • curtains for my kitchen.
  • a play cape for Colin.
  • a valentines onesie and a first birthday onesie for Carley.
I just think creating something myself is WAY more fun/meaningful than buying it already made...and also more affordable.

3. I love that Carley has started reaching up her arms to me when she wants to be held. SO stinkin sweet. Love that girl.

4. I love that Colin loves to read his Childrens Bible at night. I love that he asks questions about God. My favorite one was "Mommy, does God have a car or a truck?"

5. I love different shades of green. Green makes me smile.

6. I love reading the Word. Good stuff. I do have a hard time, because the only time of my day that works for me to read is after the kids go to bed. Can't do it in the morning, cause they both wake up when I do. Even if I get up earlier, they hear me and wake up. Anyway, doing it that late at night is hard because I find myself fighting sleep. But I think its great that God can still speak to me even with heavy eyelids. I love that he is faithful to meet me and I am striving to meet him daily with his Word.

7. I love that my husband is so smart. And when I come across something that I don't understand in the Word...he clarifies. Love that man!

8. I love Spring and Summer weather. That is my nice way of saying that I am ready for this winter crap to be over. Hate being cold!

9. I love my parents and my in-laws. Wish we all lived closer.

10. Oooh! And I love that my mother-in-law found my bible and journal that I thought was gone forever! I cannot WAIT to get it back.

1 comments:

Taylor said...

And I love you.