THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 15, 2011

struggling

I've been struggling lately with blogging! There have been quite a few times lately that I have started a new post just to erase and start over 3 or 4 times...then I just give up and quit. And when I DO blog and actually post it...I think, "well, that was boring!" But its frustrating, because there has been lots going on and lots I've been feeling. So I feel like I have lots to say! So why am I having such a hard time getting it out in words?

So I really have no idea where this post is about to go...or if it will make sense or possibly be misunderstood...or if it will even interest anyone! But here I go...

I've been having weird emotions about my kids lately. I'm so very back and forth. One minute I am almost in tears because they are growing so fast. Colin is almost 4! I find myself babying him alot because I feel like he is slipping from my fingertips and Im trying to squeeze in as much hugs, kisses, and holding as I can before he's too old for that. Same with Carley. The first year of her life is already halfway over! I think Im emotional about it because Im not for sure if there will be any more baby notelpats after this. There might be, but in case there is not I want to soak in every bit of this that I can.

However, there are also moments that I really desire to do something without my kids. *Gasp* I know there are some mom's who would really think less of mom's that desire time away from there kid's. But I promise I love my kids....a whole stinkin lot! But I also love my husband a whole stinkin lot and would love to do something with him that is not a youth event where tons of teenagers are around. So I struggle with desiring to be away and also feeling a little guilty for wanting to be away from them.

Then I also struggle with getting childcare for my kids. There are quite a few people that have offered to keep my kids...and I totally trust them and would not worry about my kids being with them. But Im bad about planning in advance. I wait until the day of to want to ask someone and then I end up not asking at all cause Im afraid they already have plans or if they do say yes Im afraid they are really not wanting too. I know that is the enemy's lies. When Colin was a baby we took him to this daycare for a few months that was not that great. I could tell the ladies hated there job and didnt want to be there. There is nothing worse than leaving your kid with someone who doesnt want to keep him. I guess I fear that happening again. And it wont....I mean these people have even offered already! I just need to plan in advance...and ask!

Then I get frustrated that my amount of leftover time and energy (and money even) does not match up with the things I want to do! I want to work out at a gym, sew and do crafts, read books, go see my families on the weekends, etc. and none of those things are happening for me! I also get a little sad because I'm afraid that I am hurting some of my friends/familys feelings for not giving them enough time.

The "working mom of 2" life is hard.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not complaining. I love my life SO much and have so much to be grateful for! I am thankful for my job during tough economic times. And I am grateful for my kids...and I'm not complaining about money...we have enough! I guess thats another reason why I have struggled with blogging. Every time I try to write, I feel like it sounds like I am complaining. So I apologize if that's what it sounds like.

So, thats what has been on my mind/heart lately. Loving my family, and loving my husband, and loving my friends and family. Even loving a little time to myself. But not feeling like there is enough of me to give to all of those things that I love. But I know most people feel that way, right?

6 comments:

Mary said...

Sarah, I love you and miss you. You have a very long message on it's way to your inbox. :) You are a loving mother who is striving to have a God-honoring family and relationships...that's always going to be complicated and hard at times.

Lee Ann said...

Please ask me to babysit anytime! I promise my social calendar is limited and chances of me already having plans is slim. I love them (and you!) and would love to keep them. Even with short notice!

Maaaaaaa said...

Sarah...please don't feel guilty. You DO need time for yourself as well as time together as a couple!!
Everyone needs to recharge and reconnect....it is also good for your kids to get a break from Mommy and Daddy. Don't let the supermom guilt get to you. You are a great wife and mother!

Taylor said...

I agree with all of the above comments... but I also appreciate a good 'ole honest blog post. It lets the rest of us know that we are normal too because far too often I look at other peoples lives and think that they have it all together and I do not. So don't feel like your blog is about "complaining." It is about being real. And real I like! :)

On another note... all I want to do is craft and sew things too. I want THAT to be my job. At home with a baby... sewing. Sounds very glamorous to me!

MOVE BACK SO WE CAN SEW TOGETHER! We'll open our own business! ;)

maggie may said...

hey girl, i feel yah!
i feel like i can't get any time to myself and when i do, i feel bad. i think mothering and being a wife is constantly a balancing act. and you find women on either side of the line. A LOT of family time with nothing by themselves, or TONS of alone time and kids with others all the time.

take people up on babysitting. the worst thing they can do is say no. anyone who knows you knows you're the sweetest person ever and not the LEAST bit inconsiderate, so no worries!!

Elizabeth said...

I'm not even a mother of two, but I totally get what you're saying. You're not alone. I need alone time and want family time but there's just never enough of both. We try to make a "family" visit one weekend each month. We usually have to rotate because I've got two sides plus Jared's one, but it keeps me focused. We also try to have one weekend a month to stay home and do nothing. Not that it always happens, but we try and carve out our month's schedules keeping those things in mind.

Know that you're not alone. Love reading your blog...and I was secretly envious with all your crafty ideas and my lack of energy after the work day. LOL...