THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 9, 2008

stuffity stuff stuff

I have no idea what to write about, but felt the need to. So we will see what comes out of my fingers! Things are going....and when I say going, I mean going. We are SO busy. Which is good and bad at the same time. I am excited about everything that I am involved in, but it also leaves very little time for very very important things like spending intimate time with God and with my family. I am also missing my "spiritual feeding" time. I miss going to a Sunday School class or meeting with our small group in my house. I am definitely feeling the effects (like my heart feels heavy that I am not being fed). I am SOOO hungry for it.

Youth ministry is going as well as it can. Meaning....it's hard to do this in a part time capacity. Jeff cannot wait to graduate so we can do this full time. But considering the time constraints its going pretty well for a first time experience. Jeff loves our pastor and the pastor loves us which makes it great too. Our pastor knows how to challenge Jeff and push him to do something more in youth ministry without making us feel like failures. That relationship is such a blessing.

School is going great this year. My kids are so stinkin sweet, but they can be little toots if you let them get away with it. I feel bad because I want to be really "soft" with them. I want to play with them and hug them and stuff. But the harsh reality of public school (especially in this community) is that you can't be that way or you lose control and as a result your kids don't learn. My kids (well all of Kindergarten, really) are very academically low this year, but hopefully since I have better classroom management this year, I will be able to get them where they need to be.

On another note, Colin is so dang BIG! He doesn't walk anymore......he RUNS!!!! It cracks me up. He has all these little riding toys and he will all of a sudden go shooting through the living room. But as a result of the walking, running, and riding, he gets SO many bruises and bumps now. I guess that comes with the territory. He has quite the vocabulary too. Here is a list of his vocabulary.....

1.mama
2.daddy
3.uh-oh
4.up
5. eat
6.poo-poo :)
7. thank you (which sounds like (dah-cue)
8.ball
9. go
10.bye bubbles (everyday he says bye to bubbles...that is Ms. Betty's fish)
11. He also says, "1,2"
12. yuck

Also, I am reading a book called, "Do Hard Things." It is really cool. It is written by these 17 year old twin boys who are challenging teenagers to a "rebelution." Basically the big idea is that they are challenging teens to rebel against low expectations. Honestly I think its something adults need to be challenged to do as well. I know I was convicted as soon as I started reading it. Very interesting. I added a link to their website and blog. Take a look.

0 comments: