THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 27, 2012

In an effort to get me out of my funk...

I've been in a funk this week. I have a terrible sinus infection so I feel like poo and have just been emotional and insecure. So, instead of complaining about it or talking about anything too serious, I just want to write a light hearted and fun post. It will be of no benefit to you, but here goes it...


10 things you need to know about me...

1. I love Jesus. Like really. I've struggled for a long time with having a lack of passion for him and feeling like I'm not 'in love' with him. But I've realized lately how much that has changed over the past few years. I still have a long way to go, but I love him and depend on him. He has my heart.

2. I love garage sales and flea markets. And I love them even more because my husband loves them too. That is like a dream date for us. I love Canton...and I don't mean the cute boutique stuff at the front. I like to bypass all of that and get into the section toward the back where you weed through people's old crap. Its so exciting!

3. I do not like animals. I'm not scared of them or grossed out by them. I promise I don't hate your dog or cat. I just don't get attached and I sure as heck don't want to take care of one either. So I will be that mom that tells my kids NO when they ask to keep a pet. Colin, however, does not like animals either so I'm pretty sure he won't ask.

4. Words are important to me. They make me feel loved or unloved. A little compliment can keep me going for a long time. An insult can rock my world. And a lack of words or wasted, useless words are even worse.

5. I don't require a lot from friends. I need friends and love them, but feel like I'm a crappy friend in return because I forget that other people need more from me than I might expect from them. Don't know if that even makes sense.

6. I wish I was a better reader. I think people who read a lot are so cool. I enjoy reading, but it takes me forever because I have to reread a lot to understand OR I fall asleep.

7. I fall asleep super fast. I could sleep standing up. When my head hits the pillow at night, I'm usually out in 2 minutes.

8. I want to learn to play the cello...BAD! It is absolutely my favorite, favorite instrument ever!

9. I'm super excited about Colin starting T-ball this spring, but nervous about being around other T-ball moms. I know I'll learn, but I know nothing about sports. I wouldn't know if my son did something wrong or not. And I'm certainly not competitive or hard core about it all. I hope there is atleast one other mom there that will be like me!

10. I love my husband and kids to pieces. I feel like I'm cool by association with them. Haha! Jeff is just a fun man to be around. His brain fascinates me...and so do his looks! *wink wink* And Colin is so affectionate and quirky and intense. He is a neat kid. And my Carley is an independent girl with a fun and happy personality. I just love love love them.

2 comments:

CDJ said...

#4 & #5...I am right there with you, girl. I mean, RIGHT there:)

#8. I have one AND a dvd lesson book. You are welcome to borrow. I thought I'd pick it back up from the Jr Hi orchestra days...but just had too many other things going. (It needs a string I think...but you are welcome to it:)

Sarah said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one on #4 and #5! :)

I would totally take you up on borrowing the cello! I might wait until closer to the summer when I'll have some free time. Thanks, friend!