THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Happenings...

No rhyme or reason to this post.... just a little pukage of all the very random things going on in the Notelpat world.

1. Jeff and I kind of randomly ripped up the carpet in our living room the other day. I've been wanting to do it for a while as there were lots of stains. It looks awful! Paint stains, a few small spots of water damage, glue streaks all over it. We are going to rent a floor sander to sand it and then my awesome dad is going to come and refinish it while we are in Houston to visit Jeff's sister (and future nephew) and her hubs. It will be nice to come home to a finished and ready floor after Thanksgiving that will be just screaming for a Christmas tree to sit on!

2. Carley is not a happy camper right now. She has 2 HONKIN molars cutting through her fragile little gums. Poor thang. Lots of drool, Lots of patti (paci), Lots of holding, and Lots of tears. It makes me sad because its not like her to not smile!

3. Colin is doing fairly well with his new medicine. He had a few weird side effects the first few days but then those went away. The only thing that we have noticed with the new meds is nightmares. And he is all of a sudden scared of the dark when he lays in bed at night. But...the medicine is working. He is having WAY fewer seizures than before. We can hold a normal conversation and have consistent eye contact. He is still having them some though, so we will probably up the dose soon.

4. I've decided that Colin will be coming to my school for Kindergarten next year. I'm really excited! I had originally planned on him going to the school by our house because there had been issues at my school that have now been resolved due to district rezoning. So, he will be coming with me! I'm excited that I won't have to miss out on things like his first day of Kindergarten, awards ceremonies, etc. It might be a little of an adjustment for him to realize that he can't come see me whenever he wants or talk to me in the hallway, but hopefully that will resolve itself.

5. I love Jeff. Can't even explain why. We just have loads of fun together and make a great team. He is a great daddy too. I love life with him. We were talking today about how its weird to think that we used to "date" and we were scared to even hold hands. Then Jeff said, "Now we're...old. We're like adults or something." Yup. Kind of weird that we've been married for almost 8 years, have 2 kids, step on legos in the middle of the night, have a mortgage payment and entirely too much stinkin laundry. Wouldn't have it any other way.

0 comments: