THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 13, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, Monday, June 13th

Outside my window...
our grass is getting a much needed trim by my hardworking husband.

I am remembering...piano lessons when I was little. Now that I am teaching piano it has got me thinking of my old teachers, recitals, competitions, and theory tests! My student is SO good and is already at a point where there is not much I can do for him. He is a self-teacher and figures things out before I even have the chance to explain it!

I am thankful for...pay-days....and even bills too. Thats something I can take for granted sometimes.

I am creating...1 wedding and 2 baby name frames this week. I also have a desk/permanent home for the sewing machine now, so hopefully there will be some stitchin goin on!

I am going...to swim lessons with Colin this week, Youth Camp next week, and then our vacation the next week! Let our Summer marathon of week-long events begin!

I am reading...Radical (almost done!), The Velveteen Rabbit (to Colin), and when Radical is finished I will start reading through the Harry Potter books. I inherited Jeff's kindle and I LOVE it!

I am hoping...this summer goes by slowly. Trying really hard to cherish every little moment of rest and moment with my kids.

On my mind... planning Colin and Carley's birthday parties. Going with Garden/growing theme for Carley and going with Disney Pixar Cars for Colin! Going to get a water table for little sister and going to get a bike with training wheels for the man-child. Can't wait!

From the learning rooms...Packed up! Done! Not thinking about it at all until beginning of August!

Noticing that... I am beginning to think that the American culture is WAY too busy. Its all about unrealistically high expectations, demands, deadlines, etc. I don't think it is all bad, but I do think there is a line that is crossed where I believe it becomes an injustice.

Pondering these words... "And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." -Ephesians 3:17-19

From the kitchen...Tacos for dinner tonight! Tomorrow will be biscuit pizzas!

Around the house...clean and quiet. The kids are at school and Im not used to it being so quiet...or clean! I do feel kind of bad when I take them. I take them for 2 reasons. 1) I don't want to "lose my spot" in the fall and 2) Colin is such a creature of routine/structure. If I don't take him during the summer, then his first month back will be BAD. And he likes going! Its also kind of nice to do things like clean out closets, deep clean tubs, sew, etc. that I can't do as well when they are home.

One of my favorite things...Colin and Carley share a room. Every night they talk/giggle/jump in the beds for about 30 minutes before they go to sleep. It drives me crazy, but its so cute too. Last night I put Carley to bed without Colin in there and she was devastated to be alone in there! Too funny!

From my picture album... Our little Lita getting her tan on!


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Lita is soo cute gettin' her tan on!!:)